2016 will mark the 25th year of the Run for the Hills and we are going to celebrate that milestone with an exhilarating run, scenic run course, delicious food from South City businesses, and some fun new events celebrating 25 years. Athletes of all abilities can compete in the 5k run, 1 mile run or walk, and kids one mile run. Come celebrate our beautiful park which was donated by David R. Francis one hundred years ago!
Registration information here— Run Form 2016
Course Map 2016
For additional information and advance tickets, please visit the House Tour page.
The latest scholarship recipients are all from St. Gabriel the Archangel School.
The names of the winners and the schools they are attending:
Addison Gherardini, Nerinx Hall HS
Lindsey Hiette, Bishop DuBourg HS
Grace Killian, Cor Jesu Academy
Ava Hohn, Rosati-Kain HS
Bernadette Bergman, Visitation Academy
These students were chosen for the $600 scholarship based on the eighth grade report card, academic honors, extracurricular activities, community service, a letter of recommendation, and an essay. Congratulations to all the students who applied for the scholarship. It was a difficult decision as there were many fine students vying for the scholarship.
Congratulations to our 2016 Lawn & Garden winners!
There are signs in the yards so be sure to drive by and check them out.
There were a total of 72 lawns nominated by the judges and 15 winners.
- 4816 Tamm | Brian & Lisa Eichelberger
- 5011 Donovan | Tom & Susie Campbell
- 5404 Jamieson | Rick Palank
- 6776 Westway | Robet Chester
- 10 Homeland | Andrew Schwartz
- 6529 Delor | Dave & Amy Kidwell
- 5921 Highfield | Chris & Erin Wegmann
- 6225 Helm | Charles & Denise Marnati
- 5847 Loran | Doug And Julie Hurst
- 6220 Walsh | Carl & Caroline Schwarzen
- 5833 Itaska | Tim & Brenda Patterson
- 6200 Devonshire | Bill & Sandy Meyer
- 6300 Devonshire | Scott & Jennifer LaPresta
- 6519 Murdoch | John & Marci Kuehner
- 4715 Vienna | Steve & Lorraine Brazile
The St. Louis Hills Neighborhood Association and the Friends of Francis Park have just launched an initiative to place a statue of David R. Francis in Francis Park.
You are encouraged to contribute. Please visit www.drfmemorial.org for additional information.
SLHNA & Friends of Francis Park invite you to join your neighbors on Saturday, May 14th, 8:30 A.M. at Tamm and Nottingham, for Francis Park Clean-Up and Spring Planting. Bring your own garden tools or we will provide. No experience is necessary.
Call Rosemary Spitler, 352-4885, if you have any questions. Thanks!