The St. Louis Hills Neighborhood Association provides two one-time scholarships per year in the amount of $750 for applicants on the basis of scholarship, leadership and service in school, church and community.
Please contact the scholarship chairs with any questions:
Toni and Steve Zychinski at (314) 440-2355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership in the St. Louis Hills Neighborhood Association (SLHNA) is an excellent way to contribute to the camaraderie of our beautiful neighborhood. Another great benefit of membership is eligibility for our annual scholarship competition. An exciting update to the program begins this year!
In order to best serve our community, we are expanding the applicant pool for the 2024-2025 academic year. Now, a child or legal dependent of a SLHNA member is eligible to apply based upon the following criteria:
- the member lives within the boundaries of St. Louis Hills;
- the member’s household has two current and consecutive years of paid SLHNA membership;
- the applicant is at least an eighth grade student;
- the applicant is attending or planning to attend an educational institution (public high school, private high school, trade school, technical school, vocational school, two-year college, four-year college, university, and so forth).
Two one-time scholarships of $750 will be awarded.
The Scholarship Chairs will receive completed applications. Personal information will be redacted. The redacted applications will then be reviewed by a panel of judges, who will select two scholarship recipients. The two recipients selected by the judges will be contacted directly by email by May 29, 2024. Updates to the Association’s website and social media will also announce the selected recipients.
The monetary award will be distributed by September 15, 2024 and made payable to each recipient’s educational institution, not to the recipient directly.
Each applicant must:
- complete the application found on the Association’s website;
- provide a list of any academic honors and/or extracurricular activities;
- independently write and submit an essay of 150 words or less which addresses the question “How has living in St. Louis Hills shaped you as a person?”
- provide a 3rd quarter/2nd trimester report card;
- submit two – three reference letters.
The application deadline is April 26, 2024, which is a Friday. The completed application and related documents must be postmarked by that date. No electronic submissions will be considered.
We ask that the selected applicants provide a recent picture for our newsletter and attend the June 2024 SLHNA meeting to receive award certificates.